Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mid Century Modern Stereos and Speakers.

My latest obsession: mid mod stereo systems. I am especially in love with anything sitting atop a tulip style base.  Anyone who follows my blog has undoubtedly heard me rant about my love of all things tulip shaped.

Pure awesomeness, mid mod German ITT speakers:


Space Age Panton-esque mod stereo system:

The fabulous Quadraflex - Eames designed stereo speakers:

Perfection!  Vintage Grundig Audiorama speakers:

Oh so cool.  Hanging ceiling space age speakers:

Zenith Circle of Sound Omni-directional vintage speakers:

Space age 8-Track Browni Calypso Deluxe Audax Sonosphere Speakers:

Have you ever seen anything like this?  Wow!
Space age set of Design Acoustics D-12 speakers, 1973:

Space age pop modern "Air Suspension" 1970's speakers with matching stereo stand:

and thank you to the anonymous post about this AMAZING Brasilia speaker cabinet.  WOW!  You know how I'm obsessed with Brasilia....
$250 on Craigslist Los Angeles 

8 comments:

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

How cool are those hanging ones?!?! I've never seen any like those!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

I've been noticing mid century speakers lately too, and thinking how cool it would be to have a mid century sound system in my home.

Baring that, trying to hide a modern stereo inside a vintage cabinet and speaker covers...

Sudha said...

wow!!loved your collation...beautiful finds

Anonymous said...

well then you might like this Brasilia speaker cabinet on LA CL for only $250 ..
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/fuo/2391266288.html

52PostnBeam said...

you're welcome, I read your saga of the dresser restoration. that speaker cab is such a nice piece, good price for the condition!

tempting ...

Gonked, Glooked and Slurped! said...

We're obsessed with space age electronics as well... especially anything tulip based!

Retro Restyling said...

Someone hit up my blog from your link on your side bar from this post (thank you for linking me, I appreciate it) and I thought DANG, I wonder if I should share with you my vintage 1970's BOSE speakers I got for free. They don't work at all, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to gut these beauties and give them new life. We have a huge music room in our basement filled with music memorabilia and these would be perfect end tables. Scroll down the post half way and you'll see them. :) http://retrorestyling.blogspot.com/2011/01/vintage-furniture-love.html

Retro Restyling said...

*sigh* Aaaaand I just realized you posted on that post. DERP!!! HAHA!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...