Monday, May 20, 2013

Milo Baughman Brass X Bench for Thayer Coggin.

I happened across this beauty and before I even flipped it over I knew who it was.  Sure enough, Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin.

Solid brass X style base with an upholstered plush top.  This just screams Hollywood Regency doesn't it? If the buyer doesn't fancy the original upholstery, this would be very easy to change.

I've only found a few others online, and the price is steep. I'll need to have mine appraised and then it's going into my shop! Let me know if you're interested!







Mint condition @ 1st Dibs $4800

Sold at Orion's Objects $2400 (copper base)

Sold at City Issue price unknown





2 comments:

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

That's a really nice find. You ought to be able to sell it fast!

sarah @ homeologymodernvintage said...

i've come to admire chrome more & more lately, but the x-base - to die! i have a milo baughman slatted bench i picked up at an obscure thrift. it was rusted all over but cleaned up beautifully. i cherish it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...