Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mod 1960's Space Age Egg Lamp




I found this fabulous 1960's EGG "Space Age" mid century modern lamp with tulip base at one of this past weekend's estate sales. I've coveted these for a long time and there it was sitting on the table waiting for me.

I was so very excited to have found my very own egg lamp. Then....I get it home and it doesn't work in my space. How is that possible? I don't know but it just doesn't work with my other mid century pieces. Sooo, though I hate to see it go this fabulous piece of mid century art go, it's going on my etsy shop today.

Made of hard, durable plastic. The base is a lovely 60's Saarinen style tulip shape. The egg shade is open at the top-back but also pulls off the base for easy bulb changing. So cute. I know it will look great in someone's mid century modern or danish modern home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...