Friday, March 29, 2013

JC Penney Gets Mid Century Modern with Jonathan Adler.

Check out JC Penney going Mid Mod!  It truly is everywhere these days, huh?

I have noticed their image skewing much more modern and youthful over the past years, but bringing in home decor from Jonathan Adler brings them to a whole new level!  Go Penney's!


Browse these fun pieces:  






I have to say, I still prefer the real deal though.  If you notice, I see a lot of MDF noted in the construction of these items.  Eh...no thanks.  I prefer my teak and walnut.  

Have a great weekend and Happy Easter! 

2 comments:

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Occasionally we have shoppers in our store who are accustomed to thrift store prices and who seem a little shocked by the prices on pieces by designers like Finn Juhl or Hans Wegner that have been completely restored. With Penney's asking $1850 for a sofa or $800 for a credenza made out of MDF, our prices should make more sense to those folks! Like you, I'd rather pay a little more and get something made of solid teak or rosewood or walnut.

A Modern Line said...

I certainly agree with Dana. A lot of manufacturers are trying to ride the mid-mod trend but if the quality is not going to hold up for the 40-60 years that the originals have and still have the potential to last much longer why not "invest" in the real deal! Good furniture is really an investment and your not likely to lose anything if you decide to change it up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...