Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mid Century Modern Lighters. Electo Match.

I've said it before, and here I am saying it again, the design of the mid century will never cease to amaze me.  Most particularly, how even small things were designed with punch and still stand the design test of time.

Case in point, Electro Match Table Lighters.  I found one at a junker's home in Las Vegas on our latest trip.  I was instantly drawn to the space age-y, sputnik-y look that I so love from the mid century.

The design is simple, an apple shaped body on a star base.  But how advanced and modern does it look?  It takes 3 C batteries to create a spark when the "stem" is pulled out. That, coupled with the lighter fluid inside, creates a flame tip, which would light your cigarette.    Super cool, right?

So far I've found green (like mine), dark green, white, black, red, yellow and clear.

This is mine.....


and more I found online.....








3 comments:

Mick said...

Love it! MCM at its finest!

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

How cool is that!

Kimberly June said...

Those are super cool! Great find.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...