Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mixing Mid Century with Traditional Design

I'm happy to say that my set of 6 mid century teak dining chairs found their new home!  They were purchased locally here in Los Angels so I had the opportunity to see them placed in their new space: the dining room of a lovely 1920's Spanish style home, paired with a traditional farm house style table for 8.   The look: Incredible!

What a perfect match:  The simple style of the table pairs nicely with the clean lines of the chairs.  The rugged quality of this farm house style is softened by the soft curves of the Danish design.  

Here are some other wonderful fusion designs of mid century modern mixed with traditional pieces:

Deco style space with mid century modern accents  
courtesy: Traditional Home 




Turn of the century Chelsea loft with mid century styling
Courtesy: Apartment Therapy 





Courtesy: House Beautiful 







Courtesy: Metropolitan Home


Courtesy: ELLE Decor


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos and wonderful post! I enjoyed it very much.

jamie@midcenturymania said...

I love mixing it up. I would happily live out the rest of my days in any of those homes. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

Love this post, but this one hurt...not only do I love those chairs of yours, but I have also been searching for a farmstyle or harvest table. Ah well, the search is still on, I'll find just the right thing eventually!
Sue

Modernsnap ! said...

How cool to see your chairs in someone else's place! I could handle that last place in all its white glory . . . too bad I just painted the entire house in gray. :)

Rhan Vintage said...

Hey Sue, so I guess that set on Craigslist didn't work out?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...