Tuesday, November 30, 2010

New Lamp. Mid Century Modern.

I found this (gigantic) beauty of a lamp at Goodwill a couple of weeks back.   Of course I purchased it with all intention of selling it in my Etsy shop for someone else to love.  Wouldn't you know it, I get it home and bam!  it's "somehow" placed in my front entry room.  I just hate when that happens!

I moved some things around to accommodate the lamp and I'm not 100% in love with the look of the space but I can't bring myself to part with it.  It's a bit too busy in this area for my taste.  I've since moved the starburst clock down and too the right a bit. It was just floating in space up there.  I also added the green vase to the Lane table (the one from Salvation Army during my Ventura trip).  I guess it will have to do for now.  What do you think?

The lamp itself is in like new condition. It's hard to believe considering it's been around for 50+ years.  Someone took care of it...thank you someone.  Pretty huh?


3 comments:

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Love the lamp! I've had a few things follow me home from our booth too. :)

Modernsnap ! said...

I think it looks delicious and dreamy! LOVE that painting too!

Mr. Modtomic said...

The lamp is great, but I REALLY love is the series of pictures. "BACK....AWAY....FROM..THE..LAMP!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...