Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Latest Obsession: Vintage Sewing Boxes

After owning my sewing machine for 5 years I finally brought it out and taught myself to sew this past Sunday.  The issue was I hate to "learn" anything. I just want to be able to do it.  Dumb, I know.  I definitely hate to read directions so learning to sew was very intimidating.  The sewing manual just seemed too scary.  Long story short, it turned out to be so easy and I wish I had made the attempt sooner.  Anyway..... now I need something cute to store all my sewing gear in.  Of course it's got to be vintage!

I'm drooling over this one but who has $500 to spend on a sewing box?
$434 Ebay + $60 shipping

$369 Ebay

Here are some other ones I found......

$16.99 Ebay

Bid at $13.00 Ebay

Bid at $32 Ebay

$35 Etsy

$49.99 Etsy

$40 Etsy



4 comments:

Sudha said...

i did a post on sewing boxes at somepoint..and have wanted one ever since, but then i bought one - made in romania... recently for 35

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

I love the one on eBay with the yellow lining. I'm tempted to bid on that one.

Rhan Vintage said...

Me too! It's a great one isn't it?

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

I almost bought a similar one to the $16.99 one on eBay, but for putting vintage art supplies in it. The price was something like $35 + $28 s/h, and I finally passed on it. After considering the size, I felt it was too small (and just too expensive) for my use.

I do have a couple of the sewing storage chairs/foot stools and I do love them. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...