Friday, July 1, 2011

Modern Baby Cribs.

My posts have been noticeably slim the past couple of months and here's why: 24/7 morning sickness aka the plague from hell.  Yes, I'm pregnant with our first child!

My first trimester was pure hell; so bad that most days I could not get up and function at all.   But, I'm FINALLY feeling like myself again as I enter the 2nd trimester, albeit an exhausted version of myself, but at least I am no longer couch decor. I can get up and live again.  Que the applause.

With my returned sense of self and a stable stomach and head (I experienced horrible vertigo for weeks), I am starting to plan the nursery. It will of course be mid century inspired, what else.

But, once again, my champagne taste and beer budget have forced me to get creative and search for what I want at a fraction of the cost.

Here's what I really want but unless we win the lottery I can't justify putting down that much money for one piece of furniture.....

Dwell Century Crib $980


Oeuf Sparrow Crib $730

Oeuf Classic Crib $950

Oeuf Robin Crib $590

Litto Kids Manhattan Crib $950

Nurseryworks Studio Crib with Built-in Changer $2100

Spot On Square Roh Crib $1990

Muu Ray Crib $865

Offi Nest Bassinet $1000


Now, back to the real world. Here's more like what I'm considering:

Baby Mod Parklane 3-in-1 Crib $299

Baby Mod Olivia 3-in-1 Crib $299

Baby Mod Modena 3-in-1 Crib $299

Ikea Somnat $100


I will continue to scour Craigslist for a great deal. They are out there but you have to jump on them. I found the Oeuf Sparrow, regularly $730, for $175 on CL Orange County but it was gone by the time I heard back from her.

More on baby stuff to come as the months go by.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations! I can very much related to the first trimester sickness...oof, makes my stomach turn just thinking about it. And, I did it twice. And, it was worth it. Such lovely cribs. Good luck in your search and with the rest of your pregnancy! ~ Jenny

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Oh, what wonderful news...both that you're pregnant and that you're feeling better. Congratulations! Isn't it so much fun planning the nursery? I had so much fun helping my daughter decorate the nursery for the boys! I can't wait to see what ideas you come up with. Keep us posted about everything.

Sliding Mirror Doors said...

Great Post, I really admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. our efforts are really appreciable. so I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!

Sudha said...

hey
thats a wonderful thing ...congratulations dear...and the crib..i m sure u will be able to work magic! waiting to see what u do with the nursery...take care dear

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Congrats!!!, happy you are feeling better.

I have a 50's crib just sitting in my Studio... But you'll be wanting something brand new :)

Sudha said...

@ 1950's_atomic_ranch_house

may i have a pic of the piece pl...i would have taken it off ur hands if u lived in atlanta :)

adriane said...

I'm so behind! Sorry! Congratulations on your great news! I love these crib choices, too. We are looking to get the IKEA Gulliver. I'm sure you already do, but check ohdeedoh (via apartment therapy) for good crib ideas. I recently searched "gulliver" on there and saw the crib in context with a nice mix of vintage and modern pieces, and decided it would be perfect. It's $100 at our IKEA. But I love your choices! Oh, and a lot of the ohdeedoh articles have comments from readers about their experience with different cribs. Definitely some good information!

Jeo Fazzio said...

Really amazing modern cribs and modern kids furniture, i like the designs...

Keith Woodard said...

Great. This crib mattresses is really interesting. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need, thanks for all the enthusiasm to offer such helpful information here.I will check this out. Thanks.



Sleepys

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...