Sunday, July 17, 2011

Unique Mid Century Spindle Chair. Who Designed This?

I stopped by a garage sale on Friday, a drive by no less, and bought this mid century spindle chair.  Love when you just so happen to find something mid century at a random sale!

It's quite unique with its ultra wide back and seat shape. Have you ever seen anything like it?  It looks like there was a tag on the bottom at some point. Other than that there is no marking or indication of where it came from.  Any ideas?


5 comments:

Uncle Atom said...

No idea about the maker but I like the chair. I thought my wife and I were the only ones who refer to some yard sales as "drive bys" :-)

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

It looks almost identical to the Arka Windsor chair by Yngve Ekstrom. Yours has sabots and the ones in the picture I found don't, but that's the only difference I see, except maybe a difference in the number of spindles. I couldn't be sure about that. Fantastic find!

http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/lot_details.aspx?intObjectID=1864800

Rhan Vintage said...

Wow, Dana thanks - looks very close! What is a sabot?

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Sabots are the little metal "shoes" at the bottom of tapered legs.

Rhan Vintage said...

That's what I thought. This chair does not have metal tips, it just looks that way in the pic for some reason. I'm having this valued. I'm pretty sure it is the designer you mentioned. Wouldn't that be awesome!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...