Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Sale of All Sales!

Wow, what a sale!  I found the listing this morning and made my way there as fast as I could.  Check it out here.  Thanks to Los Angeles morning traffic it took me a long time to get there. I made it 30 minutes after the sale started.  In line to pay, people were holding starburst wall clocks, retro flip clocks, you name it, they had it.    The (incredible) starburst wall clock in some lucky fellow's hand - marked $15!   Ahhhhhh!

To put it gently, the sale was a mad house.  Wall to wall people, no organization or direction, just grab and run.  The line to pay weaved from the driveway through the house, and boy was it stuffy inside the house.  There was so much stuff it was overwhelming. I filled my huge shopping bag within 5 minutes and was balancing a stack of things under my other arm.  I simply could not get anything else.  What a bummer.  Plus, being preggos I was not able to carry heavy things.  There was not a holding table and it wasn't like you could easily pay and go back in for more.  I stood in line sweating for over half hour.  I'll probably go back tomorrow morning.

I was able to snatch some mid century modern fabric, planters, 2 Popsie toys, wall art, a bookcase / shelf, a knitting bag, mushroom wall clock, furniture peg legs and a complete Fisher Price Little People barn and silo with all the people and animals (I collect Little People stuff).   Ugh, I hate to think of all the things I missed out on but I could see that the first crowd in the house got the A-list goods, like the starburst wall clock.  I don't feel too bad.  Hey, I tried to get there early!

Some pictures of the sale from Craigslist: 

A few things I picked up:




Yep, that's one of my kitties checking out my finds!

My growing collection of Popsies. 2 more added today: Grandma and yellow duck

7 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Brave, brave to fight the traffic, but oh what a sale!!!

Sudha said...

looks like it was an amazing home ...full of collectibles...wow!..:)..love theshelf and the legs and the clock..i would have grabbed the clock from that guys hand..lol

Rhan Vintage said...

LOL Sudha, I thought about it! I've always wanted to find an amazing starburst clock at a sale. Wouldn't you know it's at the one I make it late to!

Vintage Hunter said...

That's the worst when you see an item you really really want in someone's hand. I'd much rather not know what I missed out on! I really like the tree wall hangings you got and the Popsie toy collection is super fun.

monogirl said...

Aw, the Fisher Price Farm. I loved that when I was a kid. I hope your little one on the way will enjoy it too. Does the one you bought still "Moo"?

Rhan Vintage said...

No, it doesn't still Moo. I wish it did!

monogirl said...

Well, maybe that's best. I know my parents wished the moo-er would break.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...