Thursday, August 25, 2011

(Mid Century) Modern Doll Houses

I always loved doll houses as a girl....but really, I still do.  In the 70's my first doll house was the classic Victorian wood style that you glued together.  My Mom and I spent hours and days putting it together and furnishing it.  I loved it so much.

These days I still get warm and fuzzy feelings when I see a doll house but if I ever purchased one it would be a mid-mod style.  Now that I'm preggers maybe I can justify it.  Hey, it's decor!  Right?


How cool are these designs?  

Bozart Dollhouse  

Sibi Villa Doll House
yes, this is a doll house! 

Brinca Dada Emerson House
yep, another doll house. looks like the real thing! 

Brinca Dada Dylan House

Lundby Gotland Summer Dollhouse

Lundby Modern Dollhouse 

Plan Toy Contemporary Doll House
Plan Toys Chalet Doll House

Hape Bamboo Sunshine Doll House

Kid Craft Designer Doll House

Bauhaus Doll House by Cathy Osborne

Arne Jacobsen MiiBox

Lundy Gothenberg Doll House 


And last but not least, you MUST check out the incredible mini modern doll houses and interiors at:

Ok, don't you want a mid century modern doll house now?

6 comments:

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Oh, sweeeeeeeet. Wouldn't you know that I just have grandsons! :) Those are so beautiful that I almost want to buy them for myself.

Mary Beth said...

Wow!! I wish I could have a dollhouse! I'd seen the Brinca Dada ones before but I had no idea how many others there were! That almost 2 year old niece of mine may be getting a cool gift in a couple of years!

Funky Home Finds said...

I love the mini Eames lounge chair and the Lips sofa. Once again...another great post!

Kirsti Lukens Craig said...

Love these! Have you seen Call of the Small? It's another mini mid century blog, and it's fantastic!
http://call-small.blogspot.com/

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Oh gee, and I am getting closer to setting back up the doll house Mom had a nice man build for me!

Mom and I filled it with... Drum roll... Colonial revival, because that's what good mid century girls did, but wow!!! I love some of these!!

Sudha said...

oh my! never saw such classy doll houses in my life
:)

thanks for sharing

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...