Friday, August 5, 2011

My Arka Chair and New Lamp

Several weeks ago I posted a picture of a cool spindle chair I found at an estate sale for $15.   The fabulous Dana of Mid2Mod tipped me off that it might be an Arka chair by Yngve Ekstrom of Sweden, circa 1950's.

I had the chair valued and confirmed as just that.  What a find!  The chair is valued at $500-$600.  I am keeping it and it's found a home in my front entry at the door way.  I just love the open, airy design of this chair and the oval shaped seat.



And check out this fun 60's modern lamp I picked up on Ebay.  I thought it might work well as a pop of color in the baby nursery.  We shall see. I'm obsessed with lamps so I'm still perusing Ebay a couple of times a week.  


8 comments:

Funky Home Finds said...

WOW! Nice find on the chair.

I try to hit estate sales once in a while and I find that they still don't understand how popular this market is, with a lot of them still stuck in the "if it's not an antique, it's worthless" attitude. Bad for them...but great for us, right?

Retro Restyling said...

Nice find! I love the stuff you favorite in your Etsy store too! You're in my circle, ya know. ;)

Rhan Vintage said...

Just added you to my circle and as a favorite!

Vintage Hunter said...

Great deal on the chair! I love that shape. And the lamp is super fun.

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Interesting chair!

Love the "Panton" plastic lamp and clock.

I still browse lamps on eBay. Don't we all love them? :)

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Yaaaaaaaaay about the chair! What a find! The lamp is great, and it will look fantastic in the nursery.

Sonneman said...

Fabulous Modern Lamps! Nice work! Thanks for doing this blog. I love how lighting can change the entire appearance of a room! Amazing!!!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Came to visit from mid2mod. You have a wonderful blog, I'm a new follower.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...