Sunday, February 13, 2011

50's RCA Victor Deluxe TV Cabinet and Gondola Sofa.

I found this cool 1950's RCA Victor Deluxe television cabinet on Saturday.  It would be perfect for a plasma stand, a storage cabinet, entry table or a bar.

Pretty cool huh? I love the details and the metal peg legs.




Last week I picked up this 60's gondola sofa with attached table.  I wanted to use it in my den but it's not really working.  Big sad face! I would need to find a new lounge chair and another sofa to complete the room.  I was hoping it would work with one piece of my current set, but no, it does not.  I'd also need a new console table for the electronics because this tiny stature makes everything in the room look huge.  Ugh! What a pain.  I really need a low profile mid century modular set with 2-3 pieces.  So, I think this sofa is destined for my shop.  Again, big sad face. I love this sofa.





9 comments:

Modernsnap ! said...

WOWSIE! I can't believe the couch won't work! You are one lucky girl to find such great stuff.

Sudha said...

lovely finds...i wish i live someplace close to your store..i would have swooped up the gondola sofa..i m sooo longing for one :(

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

What a great sofa! I can just imagine your sad face. The same thing happened to me. I found an Adrian Pearsall with two attached end tables, and it didn't work in my house. The upside was that it sold in 24 hours for many times what I paid for it. I bet yours will too.

Mixing Consoles said...

Mixing Consoles..Nice cabinets...

Krazy4Mod said...

Those are both great pieces! The cabinet has so many possibilities. I love the dovetailing showing on the doors. The gondola sofa is awesome. Sorry it doesn't work in your room. I hope you can fit it in somewhere in your home because it's such a great piece.

Rhan Vintage said...

Update, I spent a good part of last night surfing the web for other mid century sofas in hopes of finding another piece that would match with this gondola sofa. No luck but I'll keep looking this week. I'd love to try and work this into my space rather than sell it. Thanks for all the comments!!

Anonymous said...

your blog is excellent! Actually, I wanna know more information about this.......
Television Cabinets

Katie said...

So I know this is from March but I've been looking everywhere for a couch that is similar to what I got from my grandmother's house when she died and I'd like to know if you know the designer of it. Mine is super similar except it has low round plateau arms and no side table. Thanks

Rhan Vintage said...

No I don't Katie. Sorry. This sofa did not have any maker's marks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...