Friday, February 11, 2011

Milo Baughman Mid Century Reclining Lounge

Ah, what a find. I happened across this beautiful lounge chair on Craigslist about 10 minutes after it was posted.  I was the first to call and therefore the lucky new owner.  I called Deann and told her I was on my way!  I threw on a hat and head toward the beach to get it.  

 Turns out its an original Milo Baughman for James, Inc.! He did some of his early work for James before Thayer Coggin.



The walnut frame is in excellent condition with wear only on the arm rests.  The original caramel-colored velvet upholstery is in amazing condition.  It fully reclines and is quite comfortable.

I had a black leather recliner in a very similar style and sold it. I might just keep this one...

Check out similar chairs.... I just love this style!

1950's Milo Baughman for James Inc. 
WorthPoint.com

1970's Milo Baughman Lounge for Thayer Coggin
1stdibs.com

1950's Milo Baughman Lounge 
Hawthorne Vintage Portland, OR.


1960's Milo Baughman Recliner for Thayer Coggin
Danish Modern LA


Kofod Larsen Recliner with Ottoman
Bond and Bowery

Milo Baughman Leather Lounge for Thayer Coggin
Zimbio.com


7 comments:

Modernsnap ! said...

I'm going to start this comment like every other . . .

O.M.G.

Score!

Krazy4Mod said...

What a great chair! I love it and want to sit in it, and then recline in it, and then nap in it :)

Mr. Modtomic said...

Mmmmm...that looks so comfy...I could so take a...yaawwwnnnn...nap in that bad boy!

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

What a find! It's absolutely beautiful. I've located a black one in a CL ad, but it's in the middle of a warehouse full of things, so the seller didn't give individual prices. When I called him, he was out of town "picking," and won't be home till the middle of next week. I'm on pins and needles till he gets home.

Lost World of Brian (Mr.Fizzle) said...

I JUST bought a yellow one of these chairs the other day! It is an amazing chair! and I only paid $20 for it! $20!!!! what a deal! I'm still in shock about getting this chair!

Anonymous said...

I have one of the 1950's versions of this recliner! I got it back in 2005 for FREE!!!!! It needs new upholstery. I love this chair! It is the most comfortable recliner I have ever sat in, napped in, chilled in, etc.

Anonymous said...

I have a gold one, not sure of the year. It was sitting in my brother's garage collecting dust and he gave it to me. It's the chair everyone wants to sit in!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...