Friday, February 18, 2011

Vintage Royal Holland Pewter Tea Set.

I went to an estate sale this morning with a plan to buy 2 things I saw in the pictures posted online:  A Franciscan Starburst 3 tier dessert dish and a Danish Modern looking teapot duo.

I got to the sale at 8 am exactly this morning.  I know, what do I expect when I show up on time; the pieces to be waiting for me and calling my name?  I even got up at 6:30 with the plan to leave my house at 7 and be there super early but yeah, that didn't happen.

So, I got there at 8 and as I walked up people were already walking away.  Bad sign?  The garage was full and quite tempting but no, I head into the house with the original plan screaming in my head!  "Franciscan"! and "Danish Tea Set"!  Well, needless to say the Franciscan piece was already on the HOLD table.  They were asking $45 for it.  Ok, on to the next!  "Where is my tea set"!?  Bam, there it was gleaming in the 1960's poor kitchen lighting.  Not really, but there it was, prettier than I imagined and still for sale. I scooped it up!   Turns out it's Royal Holland Pewter.

Here it is not yet polished but still beautiful! 



Unfortunately the smaller pot has a pretty deep scratch (you can see it in the picture).  I think I might keep the tall pot and sell the small one and the set of S & P's. It that a hot set of salt and pepper shakers or what? 

Here are the pics I saw online: 


The sale was OK, not great.  There was an amazing tall industrial looking yellow lamp that I would have bought in a heart beat but it was sold. There was also a cool mid century cabinet with sliding doors - sold.  Whatever!  I don't get down because I hit so many sales I'm bound to find cool stuff that makes me forget about the things I missed out on.

Have a great weekend! I'm laying low because it's rainy and cold. It's a great weekend to stay in and watch movies.  



8 comments:

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Oh, those are absolutely stunning. They're so tall and sleek and gorgeous. Great find!

Modernsnap ! said...

Gorge! I have a small problem shortening words like gorge for gorgeous, adorb or adorbs for adorable, deets for details. It's gotten bad, I must be really bored.

Mr. Modtomic said...

Wow, that's weird. There's a Franciscan Starburst three tiered tidbit server! I don't think Franciscan ever mad those. The only place I've ever seen them is on Replacements Ltd. I think they must have somebody make them. I could be totally off on this, but I've NEVER seen them anywhere else!

Krazy4Mod said...

I agree with Dana, that set is stunning. I really like the way the handles are designed. All you need now are crumpets to go with your tea :)

stacey said...

those are beautiful! did you check around to see if there are any tips or tricks on fixing the scratch?

Rhan Vintage said...

Mr. Mod, that's what I thought too! In person it did not seem handmade at all though. Very strange!

Rhan Vintage said...

Alison, I do the same exact thing! Yet another thing in common.

Rhan Vintage said...

Stacey, the first thing I thought was rubbing the scratch with fine stainless steel wool but I'm not sure how it will work on pewter. Need to research a little. Any ideas?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...