Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Vintage Modern Spaces.

While my taste in home decor and interior design is predominantly mid century modern, I appreciate many other design styles.  I especially love when one mixes completely different eras to create a unique, modern look and feeling.   Here are some great examples from Etsy Storque's "Get the Look" series:

Tones of Sepia, Dallas TX. 






Creative Corners: Netherlands 





Coloring Outside the Lines: Portland OR. 





Modern Practicality, Ontario Canada






Renovating Modern: Mountain View, CA. 






Curb Alert: Madison, WI. 






Personified Modern: Ohio





Romantic Curiosities: Ghent, Belgium





Retro Renovation: Nashville, TN.





Colorful Cooperation: St. Paul, MN.




Feeling inspired? I am! I look at these images and feel like I can do "more" with my space. I tend to keep things simple and minimal but every time I see creative design like these I feel like I have some  holes to fill.  I also fear color.  I admire people that use bold color. It always looks great if you go for it.

What do you think of these spaces? 


Want more?  See this post I did last summer: Mixing Mid Century with Traditional

5 comments:

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Great spaces! There are elements of all of them that I love, so it's impossible to choose a favorite.

Rhan Vintage said...

I agree!

Krazy4Mod said...

Just when I thought I was getting my home put together....I see all of this inspiration! I may have to get the furniture sliders out later today :)

Sudha said...

each pic is such a wonderful masterpiece..carefully chosen furniture, and accessories make them so yum!

Retro Restyling said...

That's like interior design overload, but in a good way!!! Of course I'm sitting here picking out all the furniture I'd like to get my hands on in every one of those pics... ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...