Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday Morning. Retro Space Age Chair Table Thing.

Good morning. I've been up since 6:30 am.  I'm off to Long Beach today (should be about a 30 minute drive with no traffic) to pick up a 70's retro space-agey chair/table thing.  I saw this on CL about 2 weeks ago.  I got in touch with the owner who was out of town at the time. I checked back this week when she was due back in town and she said "Come on and get it if you still want it".  

It's a table/chair combo.  Apparently there is a button or something that you push that pops up the center part.  I can' wait to get it and check it out. Here's the CL picture:


While I'm in Long Beach I'll check out some sales and thrift stores. Apparently LB makes for some good pickin'.  I'll post about my finds later today or tomorrow.  Have a great weekend!!  
  

3 comments:

Mr. Modtomic said...

Neat, looks to me like the center part flips over to either be a hard surface table or a vinyl padded seat. Very useful and versatile!

Rhan Vintage said...

Yep, it flips to be a hard top or cushion seat. It's awesome in person! Will post more finds tomorrow.

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

What a cute piece! I love the flip featur. I'm glad you didn't have to compete with a ton of potential buyers who had lined up while the seller was gone.

We're waiting for a guy who's out of town too, which means we need to be right on his doorstep the minute he gets back.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...