Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Finds. Mid Century Lovin'!

It's favorite Friday finds time!  I love to scour Craigslist to see MCM items for sale, whether I need or can afford them or not.  It's a bit torturous because I inevitably find something I love and want, but I know we all do it.  Come on, admit it!

Here are some current faves for sale on CL Los Angeles & San Diego:

Walnut Storage Display Case Book Case $375 

Space Age Lamps $300/pair

Gerald Thurston Lamp $175

Walnut Wood Frame Lounge Chairs (need work) $120

Mid Century Teak & Tile End Table $150

DUX Lounge with Cane Backrest $300

Broyhill Sculptra Dresser $485

Paul McCobb Nightstand $150


Danish Modern Lamp $75

DUX 63C Lounge $600

Danish Rosewood Credenza $3000

Milo Baughman Lounge $350

Mid Century Chair $175

Mid Century Coffee Table Magazine Rack $120 (I really want this!)
UPDATE on this piece: I tried to get it.  I emailed 10 minutes after it was posted and said I would purchase it. Got an email about an hour later saying "Someone is coming to see it.  I'll update you".  I replied with an offer of a good amount more than she was asking but when she replied it was already sold.  This one hurt.  I really, really wanted this table.  Oh well, can't win them all.  

Mid Century Slat Bench with Cushion $65

I see some deals here. Granted, they aren't the prices my mid-west friends see but for LA some of these aren't too bad.  I've got my eye on a couple of these pieces but unfortunately I'm off to a meeting in 20 minutes and I have a busy day after.  I'm assuming my favorites here won't be there by day's end.  (I was right - the magazine table, gone in a hour!)

5 comments:

stacey said...

squee! i'm with you on that table with the magazine rack. we've been waiting for the right (priced) one to cross our paths!

your CL is infinately more interesting than philadelphia's today. :(

Vanessa said...

The first one! Wow, I love that perfect mod piece! I'm on the prowl for a mod credenza for my "entryway". I have a better chance of making one than find the right one, of course :)

Loving your blog and passion for thrifting/modern design!

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

There are several pictures in this post that are making me drool a bit, like the walnut bookcase and the Danish Modern lamp, and of course the rosewood credenza. Your CL has so many more good things than ours does!

Retro Restyling said...

How funny is that... I totally named my post today Thrifty Friday Finds before I saw your post... must be channeling some Rhan's... :) Those pieces are really cool! Don't you just HATE it when something cool just slips through your hands? Many times I've had that happen to me on Craigslist.

Vintage Hunter said...

I love that bookcase! I'd buy that one in a heartbeat. Sorry about the table. Always stinks to lose out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...